Since graduating in 2003 with an honours degree in Multimedia Technology, I’ve had the opportunity to work in many environments as a web developer and designer. Initially starting out as a freelance designer I have gone on to work for software companies in Scotland, Australia and Japan.
Web developer @University of Stirling
February 2017 ~ present
Web developer @JapanTravel, Tokyo
September 2014 ~ January 2017 (August 2016~ remotely from Scotland)
Assistant Language Teacher @Toyama Board of Education, Toyama
August 2010 ~ July 2014
Primarily employed as an English teacher my job also involved maintaining the Toyama JET website. HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress.
Frontend and Backend Developer, Designer @Wray and Entwisle, Glasgow
May 2008 ~ June 2010
Backend Developer @Australian Business Research, Brisbane
June 2007 ~ October 2007 (3-month contract)
Assigned to Design and Implement Business Research Tools for Company Clients. PHP, MySQL, XML/XSLT, XML-RPC / SOAP.
Frontend Developer @Axe Group, Sydney
December 2006 ~ April 2007 (4-month contract)
Frontend and Backend Developer, Designer @Scotland Police, Stirling
May 2005 ~ November 2006
Glasgow Caledonian University
September 1999 ~ June 2003
Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Technology
References available upon request.
- High-quality front and back-end development for websites.
- Modular, scalable, robust, and reusable code.
- Performance optimisation, usability, and accessibility.
- Standard compliant, responsive design.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) technique and strategy
- PHP (MVC frameworks – Zend, Laravel, Slim etc, OOP, best practices)
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3 (Bootstrap, SASS/ LESS, Grunt/Gulp)
- Web accessibility
- REST, JSON, XML
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Photoshop, GIMP
- Database design and implementation (MySQL, MongoDB)
- CSV, Git
- Ruby on Rails